INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
4 individual ciabatta rolls
For the chorizo and prawn salad:
200g chorizo, chopped
12 raw king prawns, shelled
250g baby plum tomatoes, halved
A good splash dry sherry
For the chickpea crush:
800g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
3–4 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 lemon (zest and juice)
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
1 bunch flat leaf parsley or coriander, roughly chopped
- Split and griddle the individual ciabatta rolls until lightly charred and toasted.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5.
- To make the chickpea crush, first soak the onion in cold water for 15 minutes and drain well. Place the chickpeas in a roasting tin, drizzle over the oil, season well with black pepper and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Place roasted chickpeas in a bowl and gently crush with a potato masher. Stir in the remaining ingredients and season to taste.
- To make the chorizo and prawns, simply heat a large frying pan and fry off the chorizo for 5 minutes until golden and all the oil has oozed out.
- Remove the chorizo from the pan and set to one side. Turn up the heat and toss through the prawns and tomatoes over a very high heat for a few minutes or until the prawns are just cooked through. Add a good glug of sherry and flame. Season to taste.
- To serve, spoon the chickpea crush on each ciabatta half and top with the warm chorizo & prawn salad. Place remaining ciabatta half on top and serve straight away.
Written by Baker's Bicycle
04 December 2017