INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
4 cranberry pan rustic rolls, each sliced into two layers
4 turkey escalopes
3 eggs, beaten
100g fresh white breadcrumbs
200g hazelnuts, roughly ground
75g unsalted butter
For the red cabbage, shallot and beetroot vinaigrette:
½ small red cabbage, shredded
2 large shallots, finely chopped
2 medium beetroot, finely grated
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
6 tbsp rapeseed oil
To serve: Rocket leaves or lambs lettuce and a hollandaise sauce flavoured with a reduction of orange juice, white wine vinegar and fresh thyme.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and hazelnuts.
- Dip each turkey escalope in flour, beaten egg and then hazelnut crumb.
- Heat a little butter and oil in a large frying pan and heat until foamy. Add the coated turkey escalope and cook gently for 4–5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- To make the vinaigrette salad, simply toss together the red cabbage, shallot and beetroot. Mix the dressing ingredients together and season to taste. Stir into the cabbage mixture.
- To serve, layer up the cranberry pan rustic roll. Cut a turkey escalope in half and layer one half in the bottom layer of the roll with a little rocket. In the second half add the remaining half of turkey and a little red cabbage vinaigrette. Spoon over a little hollandaise and serve the remaining separately with a dish of extra red cabbage vinaigrette.
Written by Baker's Bicycle
01 December 2017